Sunday, November 15, 2009

A Cat for All Seasons



Never posing,

just BEING
HERSELF...





An existentialist cat? Read this:

What I really lack is to be clear in my mind what I am to do, not what I am to know, except in so far as a certain knowledge must precede every action. The thing is to understand myself, to see what God really wishes me to do: the thing is to find a truth which is true for me, to find the idea for which I can live and die... ... I certainly do not deny that I still recognize an imperative of knowledge and that through it one can work upon men, but it must be taken up into my life, and that is what I now recognize as the most important thing. —Søren Kierkegaard, Letter to Peter Wilhelm Lund dated August 31, 1835.

No way--coming into being? Questioning and in pain? Confused about existence or the meaning of life? Impossible! Camilla is above and beyond such thought--she has arrived and is content with it, with herself, and with our relationship. Regal, not using her power. Just being...we could learn from her. Well, I mean I could...I do!


She has returned to her orange mouse this Fall, while others are waiting for Spring. She finds it hourly in some tiny aspect of life. How I adore this cat: My model for living! So peaceful, she almost makes me peaceful. Not quite...









Always savvy about the weather, Camilla seeks the heat of my desk lamp.



Dear Camilla, what was I like before you came into my life, quite by chance? We must savor each day now into Winter. Music, especially, makes us calm, peaceful--Andrea Bocelli in particular.





November 15, 2009



No comments: