Friday, May 21, 2010

A Riff on Round


I am newly astonished by the beauty of things round. My parents had a round table in our living room and that may be the genesis; I am not sure. So, this blog pays tribute to some of the round things near me every day of my life, beginning with Camilla, and ending with her, as always.

Camilla at rest on a brown, round, jute rug.







Round gray hat on
round rug, 'round midnight...









Round clay pot
on round
dark gray-brown plate...












Round night-light
for a nursery
with half-round moon...








Round Camilla with round gray hat...

In my view of things,
art springs from what
we love. It is all around us
and it is free for those who
choose to look...

Everyday, Camilla.
Your grayness embraces me.


5.21.10




4 comments:

Denée Barr Art News and More said...

I see Camilla is really in the Spring of Things...

Anonymous said...

KAY...If you remember, I was a bit of a rounder back in our Marine-Navy days. Guess that doesnt count. Sounds like you are having a great spring...we have continued cool, wet and overcast. Im ready for another historic blog. How about the French restaraunt Ellicott. Exploring Ellicott on line I discovered it. Have you eaten there...it sounds awesome.
( and pricey ) HARVE

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Harve! You mean TERSIGUEL's on Main Street. It is wonderful and yes, someone there asked me for the "blog feature." Next is a great artist, Trudy Babchak (continuing the round theme), but I will get back to Tersiguel's soon!

Anonymous said...

From Kaye Reid in California:

Lovely, Kay....and then there's your beautiful round friend, but I am managing to get a bit more angular. :-)

"Never underestimate the inclination to bolt." Pema Chodron