Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Who's the fairest of them all?

Halloween and such...

My favorite month has always been October, I suppose because it precedes the more serious months of Thanksgiving and Christmas with questions about where to go...scheduling, making everyone happy. That is not easy. And perhaps it should not be a goal, after all...

It is what it is...or is it?

But, oh sweet Camilla! She doesn't ask, yes she does, but only with food...and when I think she has had enough I hold her--then she is happy. Actually, she just wants me to stay, but I always leave--but then, I come back. I think she is tired of my photographing her. But I am drawn in by her form, color, expression, peacefulness. It is seductive.

How I would like to be more like my cat. Oh well...

Here is a Halloween
toast to you,
Camilla.

Morning promise: I will try very hard to photograph other things, such as this Munch-like Halloween mask over a light in the kitchen...and removed just before it started smoking.

Now, back downstairs before some candle transforms my living room...and life.






No comments: